Mono MK2 Firmware Thread

Update is great but midi sync and midi start+stop doesn’t work now:(

I downgraded to th previous firmware to be sure and midi start stop and sync worked perfectly. Any ideas?

V1.1.1r :

Bug fixes

• Fixed a calibration issue (Freq Knob would go all the way up at 12 O’clock on some machine)
  • Fixed a sensor issue where the Bottom C sensor would become unresponsive
  • Fixed a few UI issue (LED colors not resetting properly)
  • Fixed Play Mode
  • Fixed MIDI Clock

@ddiamond84 does this one fixes it for you ? If not please reach out via support@norand.io, thanks !

That fixed it!! Thank you:). Very much appreciate the quick response!

Hi! Already posted about this on the main board, but the play styles aren’t working on my Mk2. Also crashed on me while I was modulating X-MOD by X-ENV

few bugs in the new firmware

does duophonic mode work for people

mine seems to have stopped working?

I cannot get UNLINK to work with Firmware 1.1.1
Select Parameter - CUTOFF
Hit the UNLINK button
Activate some steps on the SEQ
no envelopes are triggered.
Anyone else getting this error?
thx! :slight_smile:

A new update for MK2 owners.

V1.1.2r :

New feature:

• Added clear step automation for XMod and XEnv ([DELETE] + [SEQ] + [Pot])

Bug fixes:

• Curve update on any XMod/XEnv is fixed
  • Fixed issue when deleting automation, it would not save
  • Huge fix on settings (playmodes, duonotes, … ) now working properly
  • Fixed UI glitches (particularly on Curve Mode and Microshift/Probability/Ratchet)
  • Fixed step mute
  • Fixed Copy/Paste pattern (it now paste the patch too, as intended)
  • Fixed UI issue when changing ModNote pitch

Download

3 Likes

SOLVED - the issue was solved by clearing the sd card before updating the firmware - ( it hiccups a little if i go crazy on ratchet ) - oddly midi-in sync mode from another device is now set on func+clock+3
cheers :slight_smile:

Hey - im using v 1.1.2r - it seems that syncing to other devices has gotten worse ie when the Mono Mk2 is master and slaves other devices- im syncing the Mono Mk2 to my SP 404 mkII - firmware v.1.1.1r were ok solid - doing ratchet and recording crazy modulation would put my SP out of syncing and almost make it galloping - Now with the 1.1.2r it seems that even just changing patterns and doing small changes will make the sync gallop a lot - im gonna try syncing with my other devices and into ableton later to see if its consistent :slight_smile:

Whoop whoop!
https://storage.googleapis.com/norand_public_files/mono_MK2_V1.1.3r.zip
V1.1.3r :

Bug fixes

• We’ve reviewed the real time system, which led us to find many ways to improve it. Mono should now be able to handle high load (high USB throughput + lots of automation for exemple) without ever crashing.
    • We have reworked our threading mechanisms, which will prevent very rare race conditions leading to freezes from happening.
    • Fixed an issue with our undo backup system that could lead to freezes
    • Ratcheted note was generating high load, this has been fixed
    • Recording ratchet, probability and microshift was slowing down the unit, this has been fixed.
    • Pot modes have been entirely reviewed and fixed, (mod note included)
    • Swing : now working properly with every clock source
    • Added back selected Mod Note pitch midi channel (with midi channel + 2), can be disabled with the mod note channel setting
    • Negative expressivity assignment now working properly
    • Fixed all the UI bugs we could find
    • Added back the Midi Program Change to select a Pattern
4 Likes