MK 2 would you buy it?

Hi, I bought the MK2 when it first got released but with the constant freezing and crashes I ended up selling it at a loss. Now over a year on I find myself wanting another one, do any of you guys think it’s worth it? do you have confidence Norand will actually sortit out and make it a stable product?
Cheers

i own the mki and im not interested in getting the mkii. mki is stable with the right firmware

1 Like

I owned mkI long time ago. Sold because wanted something new. Recently i bought mkII because i missed Mono.
I dont regret it. To me mkII is waay better. I got some occasional freezes but not that often. The quirks are there but its still fun as hell. And the drive sounds good, the ui is more descriptive with the leds and stuff. Overal better build. Idk i love my mkII. Will not be selling it anytime soon

I’ve just ordered a b stock one off Thomann, I had an MK1 a while back and do agree the Mk2 is better. I do believe Norand will sort out the stability issues with further updates. Thanks for your reply :+1:

1 Like

i love my mk2

its stable with the newest firmware

i also think its stable with the new firmware update and im a keeper as well - i just used the MK2 in a liveset this last friday

That is good to know thanks mate, always missed the mono and will be looking to use for live setstoo. Thanks for your reply’s.
Best wishes

I’m pleased to report I have received the MK2 and it is very stable and running like a dream I am very happy indeed, such an awesome machine :grin:

1 Like

Just to report it still hasn’t crashed or froze, definitely going to use this live now

1 Like

My Norand Mono Mk2 on the latest firmware with a new micro SD card is only useable for short periods of time. After that, it crashes.
This unfortunately means I can’t rely on it for live performance, which is a shame, since that’s why I bought it in the first place.

Unfortunately I can’t recommend it.

I have had no such problems with my unit it’s is running like a dream and is perfect alongside the Erica LXR-02

You all are making me want to buy a MK2 just so that I can figure out if i can get it stable with forced firmware upgrades like I did the MK1!

For those who don’t know, I have had to do multiple firmware upgrades outside of the normal process to get the firmware to be stable and ready for live work

The first MK2 I bought when they first come out was virtually unusable to crashed that often, but this one which is a b stock from Thomann is super stable, it has the latest firmware installed is perfect!
Very happy I bought again