Freezing when using ableton

Multiple freezes when using Ableton. I have the current firmware on it. If you skip to a different section it bricks out and you have to turn off and then back on. Lose everything if it’s not saved

I’m using Logic and just had the same thing. I’m using this thing for live performances and if it’s hanging this frequently, forcing a reboot, I’ll be forced to leave it at home! I’m using the MK1 and it does not hang, but the MK2 which I received -today- has hung 3 times in the past couple of hours.

Anyhow, I too put the current firmware on the unit and calibrated it. So far seem like it is unstable. :frowning:

my Mono was crashing similar to the above anecdotes, when slaved to MTC via Ableton. I updated the firmware and havent had a crash since… been many hours of use since. …

I have the current firmware, usb into my Mac directly. Triggering start stop button with Ableton. It freezes all the time

I am syncing via a Multiclock box sending Midi Time Code to the Norand, not via Mac USB , so perhaps the issue is there…

I wonder if this is because of a MIDI feedback loop?
In other words, the hardware is sending MIDI info (notes, MIDI CC’s, program changes) which go out to your DAW (Ableton or Logic) and that gets echoed back to the Norand?

I honestly only use my Norand mk1 in MIDI Clock Slave mode, so not USB

It is likely this is not directly caused by Ableton. I’m not using it with Live and still having these issues with normal MIDI clock. I’m not even convinced it is related to clock. But some activities seem to just make it lock up, forcing me to reboot. This is only with MK2. MK1 has never locked up on me.

I had the mk1 lock up every once and awhile but the mk2 locks up all the time. Pretty sure it has something to do with mod notes and the sequencer jumping on the daw. For me that’s when it always happens

I’m not using mod notes at all, and so not likely my reason for lockups. I have had issues copy/pasting patterns resulting in lockups. I’ll start making a note when it happens. I get the feeling it is due to a range of conditions and so not easily attributed to one specific action and context.