Confused - delete plus knob turn does not clear data

Going slightly mad here. Delete + turning a knob does not seem to remove automation. Am I reading the wrong notes/manual??? New Mk2 running with the shipped v2 firmware. Can anyone help?

EDIT - I mentioned this to Mathieu at Norand. They’ll be checking in case there is some kind of bug

I am just learning, err, getting in to trouble with the MK2, but I was able to delete one recorded automation. Just a basic change of osc1 frequency, I was able to use the method you describe to get rid of it

That’s interesting. I have tried to do this multiple times without success. Is there some trick to it? some mode one needs to be in - or a particular order of presses required? I can’t seem to make it work, which is odd given the command’s basic function. I don’t really know what to try that might make it different for me?

EDIT: I should say that “function + delete + knob turn” seems to do the job on my unit. And that Norand are checking the code just in case there is some kind of bug there

No I tried to keep it as simple as possible; just focusing one the osc 1 frequency. I’m finding this guy can quickly get into some out there tones w/o a lot of modification!

Yes, having that number of potential audio rate modulations is a recipe for sound design madness.

It’s completely odd about the delete function. I tried again, over and over this morning, first with the filter cutoff and then the oscillators. Starting from a completely vanilla patch. I cannot see that I am doing anything incorrectly.

I had wanted to edit the title of this topic, adding “SOLVED”.

The problem, so often the case, was user error/confusion. I was mixing up modulation of a patch parameter, with automation in the sequencer. Delete + knob turn removes the latter not the former.

If a moderator can add “SOLVED” to the title of this thread, please do.

Hallo Bengersfood,
and what does remove the automation recorded in the sequencer?
the manual has 5 times the word “delete” mentioned:

Delete : Hold delete and press a page or step switch, or rotate a knob to delete associated data.

Hold [DELETE] + [FUNC] (in that order), and move the associated knob to delete all microshift/probability/ratchet of the current pattern.

To delete a patch, hold [DELETE] and press [RECORD]. The patch will be cleared to the default patch.

what am i missing here ??
it sure is user error but can someone please point a direction.

Kind regards, Achim

(FUNC + DELETE is also not removing the offset?/automation?)

This is how Mathieu explained it to me

FUNC + DELETE + PARAMETER resets parameter modulation. Essentially resetting the 5 modulation knobs to the default value.

DELETE + PARAMETER deletes all sequencer automation on that parameter (if there aren’t any, then it doesn’t do anything).

One key feature of Mono is that each parameter has its own modulation (xenv and xmod). So there is no concept of assigning modulations. They are always here on each parameter, but their default amount is 0!

1 Like

thank you very much, i will look into it and try again! cheers